Routines are Both Necessary & “Empty” Habits
Why? Heuristic Bias…
When an action or practice becomes “habituation” (repeated) – as when you learn to do something, it’s often common to forget the “why”.
“Heuristic Bias” is a “mental short cut” acting or thinking in a particular manner. It’s a profound complex cognitive process which can be useful if a quick decision is required. It can also result in “mindlessness” which may block ideas, according to Neuroscientists.
- A daily shower is necessary.
- A client meeting has become routine versus an opportunity to challenge and uncover new solutions.
Routines or habits can become “meaningless or empty” left brain “memory” activities versus right brain “imagination”…brain storming opportunities.Imagination stimulates creativity, growth, and expansion – particularly helpful in finding new solutions.
Yes, there are times when “mindlessness” is a fantastic wellbeing tool to quickly reduce stress and anxieties and increase confidence, certainty.
Are You Keen to Attract & Achieve Your Desired Goals, Life & Successes?
Aspire to “shift from” Heuristic Bias “to” right-brain stimulation and imagination. It’s easier than you think…
- The next time you lead a meeting consider switching from your “regular” chair – perhaps at the head of the table – to one positioned in the centre of the table. Neuroscientists and NLP experts have proven this simple “relocation” changes your perspective as well as others.
- Take a different route to walk.
- During your meditation or quiet time, think of a humorous situation or joke. Mindfulness does not have to be serious to be effective.
Remind Yourself as to “Why You Are Doing Something”?
Transformative Coaching & Wellbeing helps you to shift your patterns and ignite, awaken all aspects of your mind (left and right sides of the brain), body, and soul. Let us help you discover, learn, and achieve more…